*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/647510-Im-Famous
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#647510 added April 29, 2009 at 11:10pm
Restrictions: None
I'm Famous!
No. Not really.

I received an email via my website a few days ago:

Dear Ms. Marquardt,

Our church (Grace Baptist in Wilmington, NC) recently produced its own Easter cantata, with several of our members contributing original music and monologues. We also adapted your monologue "My Forever Stained Hands as part of the program. A few paragraphs were shortened, and a few sentences added. The program, which we entitled "Silent No More" was recorded, and we would like to make copies of the DVD available for our church family. We will be making approximately 100 copies, maybe less. We will only charge them for the actual cost of duplicating the DVD. Our church family is about 500-600 people; I currently have a sheet for people to sign up so we only make as many copies as we need. I need to request your permission to make copies (since the monologue belongs to you) and ask if we need to pay you any royalty fees. Please call or email me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Ellen Ayers
Music Secretary
Grace Baptist Church


Surprised only begins to describe my reaction. How did she find me, for one? Plus, I never thought it worthy of a church's Easter program. She told me that her drama director found it here, and Ellen then found my website and contacted me.

All I asked for in return was a copy of the DVD, and that my credit includes my website. Who knows if a few of the buyers will visit me, and (staring off into space with a wistful smile) perhaps buy a book or two?

Hey, it never hurts to dream. It's what we do, after all.

My apologies for not showing my face around here much. I've been catching up on editing some stories I promised now about a month ago, and editing my own work. Plus with summer on its way (going by the calendar and not the weather), I'm super-busy at work and have no time to pop in during the day. My only free time is after Thomas goes to bed, and I want to use that to read, write and edit.

Anyone got some time I can borrow (or steal)? I'm fresh out.

G'night and I'll see you when I see you!

© Copyright 2009 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/647510-Im-Famous