*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/647792-Flowers
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#647792 added May 1, 2009 at 11:57pm
Restrictions: None
Flowers
This morning I had artificial flowers sent to Dawn and Dustin's house. Tomorrow they are having a private gathering at their home instead of a funeral service. My daughter Julie and her husband are going. Julie's hubby Justin works with Dustin in the Navy Shipyard. I know the names are alike!

I told Julie that I had ordered a silk flower bouquet of cali lilies from all of us. The gal in the shop told me that she too had lost a son many years ago. She was very understanding and promised to make the bouquet big and beautiful with several of the cali's in a glass vase, plus the added greenery.

This is a very sad time for all the family members. And friends too of course. I can remember so cleary what my family, friends, and myself went through when my son Chris died in 1997. I know that real flowers are always sent for funerals...but real flowers don't last long.

I'm not saying that flowers can take the place of a lost loved one...far from that! I do believe, however, that the flowers can bring an appeal of beauty, love, and peace to those who are suffering so terribly.

I still have the silk flower bouquet of cali lilies on my dresser in a ceramic vase that I received from friends when my son died over ten years ago. It represented love for my son and it brought me peace to just look at it then...as it still does.




© Copyright 2009 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/647792-Flowers