*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/648834-be-careful-what-you-wish-for
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#648834 added May 8, 2009 at 7:10pm
Restrictions: None
be careful what you wish for
This is my response to "be careful what you wish for for Wednesday, May 6, 2009 in the "Follow the Leader.


Be careful what you wish for,
you will receive it
just not in the way you expected.

I wished to have my bottom teeth out and the rest of my new dentures put into my mouth. I got my wish Thursday, May 7, the dentist extracted my four remaining bottom teeth and put in my new bottom plate. I expected my gums to ooze blood, but I didn’t expect my mouth to be a bloody mess for the next eight hours.

I didn’t expect the extractions to cause much pain, enough for one prescription pain pill and that was it. What I got was a headache and enough pain in my jaw to require two pain pills yesterday. Even after I took the second pain pill, six hours after the first according to the instructions on the bottle; there was a dull ache waiting on the edge of consciousness to turn into a sleep-scattered pain.

I’m also confined to soft foods for the next three to seven days or until my bottom gums heal. In addition, I can only wear the dentures two or three hours a day. The dentist said to start with two hours today (I think I wore the plate more then two hours) and increase the time by an hour each day.

Tonight, my supper consist of a can of unsweetened Applesauce and black coffee. Actually, I could put chocolate in the coffee, but the only thing I can add to the applesauce is sugar or perhaps some yogurt. Either on would make the applesauce taste better. I like applesauce, at least, I always thought I did, but maybe it’s because or my taste buds haven’t recovered from having a mouth full of blood yesterday.

Twice I took the teeth out and put gauze pads in and bit down to stop the bleeding, it worked for a little while. The last time I did it I feel asleep after I put the dentures back in. I woke up this morning drooling blood and bloody drool all over my nightshirt. Fortunately, it’s an old nightshirt and it doesn’t matter if it has blood stains on it or not.

So be careful what you wish for,
you might receive it
just not in the way you expected.


© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/648834-be-careful-what-you-wish-for