*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/649425-Mothers-Day-Visit
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#649425 added May 12, 2009 at 5:54pm
Restrictions: None
Mother's Day Visit
I had a great time while visiting all of my kids and some of the grandkids too. We had lots of good Mexican food during my stay. My son Matt picked me up at the ferry landing, and we stopped by the Albertson's where he works to pick up the fixings for Pica de Gallo. I showed my son Patrick how to make it when we got to their duplex. He really enjoyed helping me and turns out he loved it too! We fixed taco's for dinner and doused them with the salsa speciality.

My oldest son Mike was able to come and enjoy the taco feast with us. We had a really good time. Mike presented me with a beautiful blue hummingbird plate. That was a surprise and very sweet of him.

I got to meet my youngest son Matt's new friend. Her name is Julie, too. She has a son by the name of Tyler, also! Those are the names of my daughter and her son! I really like her and her son. The second day of my visit she drove me to Gig Harbor to the Costco there. I shopped for Ron for his birthday gift. His birthday is the 23rd. of this month , but I always give him his gift days ahead of time!

As it turned out we ate lunch across the street from Costco at a Mexican Grill. It was so so. I guess I am spoiled by the good Mexican food up here in Skagit County. Julie enjoyed her lunch anyways. We got to know eachother better and she is just a down to earth gal.

Later in the day my daughter and grandaughter Alex arrived for a visit at the duplex. I gave Alex her early birthday gifts and she was elated. She will be fourteen on the 23rd. also! It doesn't seem possible. I still call her "Chick-a-dee"...like when she was just a little thing. I had forgotten my camera(which seems to be a habit anymore) so I did not get any pictures this time...again.*Sad*

On Friday, my last day down in Port Orchard, Patrick's two son's Jayce and Christian arrived to spend the weekend with their Dad. Christain had bought a bright red electric guitar with his monthly check that he gets from his Dad's Social Security now. The guitar was delivered just before he got to his Dad's! His uncle Matt tuned the instrument for him and gave him a small amplifier he no longer used. He was thrilled of course. Dad had to move him out into the attached garage within the hour to save our hearing!

Pat was preparing a feast for some friends coming over later. He was so busy in the kichen making shish-ka-bobs and cutting up steaks. He even made more Pica do Gallo! I sampled a shish-ka-bob before Matt whisked me away to catch the ferry back to Edmonds in time for the train to Mount Vernon. Matt handed me the cutest Mother's Day folding card with puppies all over it and signed by everyone of them!

Then when Ron picked me up at the train station we drove into Mount Vernon for more Mexican food at our favorite restaurant!I had a great Mother's Day time, and I hope you all did too!*Bigsmile*

** Image ID #1546233 Unavailable **


© Copyright 2009 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/649425-Mothers-Day-Visit