*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650004
by Sunny
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1557641
A 30 day writing challenge!
#650004 added May 15, 2009 at 7:00pm
Restrictions: None
Day 7 / Word Cnt: 500+
** Image ID #1558952 Unavailable **

Word Cnt: 611

A few weeks later Sarah was in court with her lawyer. There were a lot of people there to some she did not know, but there was a lot that she did know.

Finally her case is called and he lawyer takes her by the arm and stands in front of the Judge and although Sarah did not get the mumbo jumbo she did get where the Judge ask how do you plea? Her lawyer said "Not Guilty" She would have hit the floor if her lawyer wasn't holding on to her!

Some people in the courtroom became out rage and making remarks like, She shot him, she killed him, how is that not murder! But the Judge quickly took over for it was her courtroom and she was the kind that did not put of with that stuff at all.

Then the Judge looked at the lawyer and Sarah and then back at her lawyer and said you have two months to prepare for the pretrial and I mean two months no more no less.. Yes Mam Sarah's lawyer's said.

Sarah looked over and saw her Mom she looked so sad and tears were streaming down her face then she wondered how her kids were, and who had them or was they in School? Then before Sarah realized it she was being led down a hallway.

She was taken into a room and to her surprise there sat her children and shortly after her Mom came in the room. Sarah looked at her lawyer and simply said, thank you sir, thank you and the kids and her hug it was so sweet watching her with them.

There nice little visit lasted about thirty minutes. Her Mom promised to take real good care of the kids and assured her not to worry, Tell your lawyer everything sweetie she said and then her oldest one spoke up and said Sir, I will tell if Mom won't. Shhhh Sarah said as she shook her head no and then she looked at the lawyer and said I don't know where my car keys are but in the trunk I have my purse and my Mom needs that because I have money in my purse and the lawyer just kind of looked at her, and Sarah said, now before you start thinking that was my money from my job my pay check is what it is.

Sure Sarah I will make sure you Mom is able to get your purse, your kids need to be taken care of I understand that. Then someone knocked on the door and then opened the door and said ten more minutes and that's it.

Sarah reached over and gave all her kids a giant hug and told them that she loved them and kissed them and then she hugged her Mom and said thank you Mom, Oh sweetie you don't have to thank me.

When the ten minutes was up a lady officer came in can cuff Sarah who was smiling at her kids and blowing kisses with her mouth as the officer led her away. Sarah's Mom, and kids and the lawyer watched her till they saw her no more.

Then the lawyer help Sarah's Mom get the keys to get her purse and the lawyer went with Sarah's Mom to get the purse and then he took back the keys. And he watched Sarah's Mom and the kids as she drove away to go to her home till he could no longer see them.


© Copyright 2009 Sunny (UN: sunnie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sunny has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650004