*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650083-Day-8--Word-Cnt-500
by Sunny
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1557641
A 30 day writing challenge!
#650083 added May 16, 2009 at 10:43am
Restrictions: None
Day 8 / Word Cnt: 500+
** Image ID #1558952 Unavailable **

Word Cnt: 699

Every day every single day the lawyer showed up to talk to Sarah Locker and piecing her life together bit by bit, moment by moment, fact after fact and he even got a copy of every single police report and talked it over with Sarah as well.

He then went to neighbors, friends, and families of both members meaning of Rick and Sarah Locker. His plan was to get her off with what is called Temporary Insanity but could he do it.

Some people like Rick and Sarah and the neighbors did not want to get involve and of course the families were split right down the middle but he knew that the facts themselves spoke for themselves reguardless of how spit others were.

Sarah was adjusting to her cell there and making a few friends and the girl all talk about their kids One of the girls was in there because her boyfriend was a dealer and because she could not give any information she was in jail and even sentence to five years and even more legal mumbo jumbo to Sarah.

Sarah at times was scared she thought about how horrible her kids lives were and just as bad as hers because they seen it all they use to run and get there Grandma who use to call the police. The Grandma was Rick's Mother and then my kids stop going to her because she always blamed me!

So the kids use to go to other people till one by one they did not want to be involved, God didn't anyone care? Didn't any one care about my children? What if he would of killed me in front of them, would he have killed them too? One just never knows was most of her thoughts.

She had a cot to lay on one very thin blanket that would not even keep a bird warm much less her and it seemed they turned up the air at night and made it exstremely cold in there at night and roasted them during the day as if they were trying to make them all sick.

A few of the guards all women of course, were caring about the ladies in there and there were a few that were mean and not caring at all. It is amazing how people really are and it totally surprised and shocked Sarah.

Though a few of the girls did show and teach Sarah the ropes and told her which guards to trust and which ones to stay clear off. Sarah saw a lot of things in this place and she was surprised that she was safe and at times she felt safe though she could not explain that.

Her days and nights ran together except for when she watched T.V. and she was surprised that no one belittled her, cussed at her, called her all kinds of names, but in all fairness Sarah did pretty much keep to herself except for the ones in her cell which there were three other women in her cell and they had to share everything and there was no privacy what so ever, and they all hated that.

One day her lawyer came and she was telling her the beginning of the relationship. Rick was sweet and was really good to me. When did it change Sarah? About six months to a year after we were dating. He became aggresive, mean, demanding, and he would slap me for anything. Why didn't you break it off. Oh sir I tried to but he would not leave me alone and I was scared. Did you parents say anything no sir not a word even when they saw bruises on me. What?

Sarah could give down to the last and very personal detail, times, dates, and she was amazing and it seems the only time he was nice to her is when she gave birth and that is pretty much it. A sad life is what her lawyer added to the end of his note that day.


© Copyright 2009 Sunny (UN: sunnie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sunny has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650083-Day-8--Word-Cnt-500