*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650247-Day-9--500-Words-
by Sunny
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1557641
A 30 day writing challenge!
#650247 added May 17, 2009 at 11:27am
Restrictions: None
Day 9 / 500 Words +
** Image ID #1558952 Unavailable **

Word Cnt: 585



Today was jury selection day and Sarah was sitting there and looking over all those people as the prosecutor question and saying things like. Do you think anyone has the right to kill another human being? The lady looked at him for few moments as if she was thinking over the question and then replied well sir that depends is my life on the line and he just walk away waving his hands and Sarah's lawyer lean over and said we want her.

Sarah watched for four weeks, that's right a whole month as both lawyers dismissed many jurors as if they were sifting wheat or something. But in the end they both got exactly whom they wanted though and Sarah was amazed and thinking how can that be?

Of course there were a few both sides did lose but that is the way the game plays least that is what Sarah's lawyer told her.

The Judge was good at keeping order in his court and he did not allow other things going on like Sarah has always seen on T.V. but she was wondering would her lawyer be like Matlock! Her mind wandered as the mumbo jumbo continued between both lawyers and the judge.

She was thinking of the very first time Rick and her went out, ahhhh the beginning is always so sweet and fun and very carefree. Rick was caring and loving although he was demanding at times but he had a smile that just melted Sarah and he knew it too.

Sarah, Sarah her lawyer said one more time Sarah! She looked at him and he said stay with me and then the guard took her by the arm and cuffed her hands and her feet and the lawyer instructed the guard to take Sarah to a room where they could talk but he told Sarah he would be back with some lunch.

Sarah sat in there for almost forty five minutes before he came in with a pizza and soda Sarah was happy to be getting some good food to say the least as she did not eat much in cell as the food was really awlful most of the time.

For the first slice of pizza neither one of them said a word as they ate and drank some of their soda. And then finally a knock was on the door and it opened and there stood her kids and her Mom.

The kids ran in and hug Sarah and was so happy to see her, her Mom slowly walked in and hug Sarah as well but waited till the kids were done.
Okay said her lawyer, we need to talk. Oh hey everyone help yourself to some pizza I have another one coming in a few minutes and just then another knock on the door and it was the guard with the other pizza.

Sarah looked at her lawyer and he said well I wanted to surprise you and if I would have brought two pizzas in here for just us two you would have ask me why I brought so much and then they all laugh.

But the laughter ended and her lawyer said now let's talk about what our game plan is. And Sarah's oldest Wendy looked at her Mom and then the lawyer and said I am glad he is gone!




© Copyright 2009 Sunny (UN: sunnie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sunny has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650247-Day-9--500-Words-