*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650547-Favre-Opting-For-Surgery
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#650547 added May 20, 2009 at 4:56pm
Restrictions: None
Favre Opting For Surgery?
The latest...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/18/report-favre-planning-surgery-on-torn-...

...and yet...maybe NOT....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4176703&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadl...

Is this the famous "waffling" that has annoyed so many....OR...is it the zeal to scoop a story on the overplayed subject of Favre's unretirement that has us all confused what gives with that arm? Aren't reporters getting tired of putting stuff into print that fails the sniff test, with substantiated rumors being passed off as newsworthy tidbits. The media creates the stories, creates the aura that surrounds Favre and blames him with every changing storyline. But, who's to say what's truth or fiction without getting it directly from the source? If people are getting a bit tired of all this unretirement hype, blame the media first and NOT the player. These stories are just rumor and not necessarily items that should be freely floated about when reporters themselves are decrying every topic that surfaces related to Brett Favre.

On another note, if he really is trying to work the arm out until that ligament snaps...all I can think is 'how much pain does this man have to endure' to avoid anesthetic and a doctor's scapel that could give a simpler and cleaner result? Why doesn't Favre want to take the prescribed treatment which involves a more defined timeline? Is he a-scared of the doc? Is there some other reason he doesn't want to get it over with and move forward with the healing process?

Me thinks the man is not completely committed to coming back, if he wants to do it his way. He could be working out that arm until he's dead and it might not ever release that wily tendon that threw away the Jet's chances at the post season last year. Does his body have a mind of it's own, because he certainly is leaving a lot to chance. I just think each time I hear another rumor, I'm not going to give it any creedence now until he suits up or signs a contract to play.


© Copyright 2009 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650547-Favre-Opting-For-Surgery