*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650586-You-dont-look-different-but-you-have-changed
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#650586 added May 19, 2009 at 11:19am
Restrictions: None
You don't look different, but you have changed
This is my response to "Invalid Entry for Tuesday, May 19, 2009 in the "Follow the Leader

We all need to look at art and life with fresh eyes. Human beings were not created to agree with each other because if we did our ancestors would never have survived the changes in climate that migrating to different parts of Earth brought into their live. Come to think of it, if our ancestors had agreed on everything they never would have left Africa and the changes in complexion we encounter in humanity would never have occurred.

Change and transformation is important to the progress of the human soul. We aren’t clones or robots meant to mimic their creators. We have free will and the ability to make decisions. The decisions we make about music, art, religion, choice of foods, etc. encourage the growth of the individual’s soul. It’s the human soul that changes; it’s the soul that grows, from the time it joins the body at conception to the time it leaves when the body dies.

Change is a part of human nature. I read a poem once, where the author like her friend because the friend was like her and hadn’t changed in all they years the knew each other. I wondered if the poet who wrote that poem really knew her friend because people do change over the years. Perhaps the change is subtle but it is there and we have to look for that change and celebrate it because change means the person is growing spiritually.

In art and music, change means it is a living art form. Different versions of the same song by the same artist mean that the artist is still striving for a vision of perfection that only he or she sees. Different versions of a song by different artist mean that the song has affected the soul of the artist and the audience.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650586-You-dont-look-different-but-you-have-changed