*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650843-prompt-3
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1561660
contest entry 7 prompts
#650843 added May 21, 2009 at 12:51am
Restrictions: None
prompt 3
We turned the corner and entered a small diner about two blocks down the road. I don't recall what we ordered, I don't recall much of that day though. I do remember the girl that waited our table though. Her eye color was what burned her into my memory. I can't remember exactly because she never looked dierectly at Xyiss or me, but I could've sworn her eye's were white like Xyiss' eye's were. The only thing I remember clearly about her is her name...EULARIA. At the time I had no Idea how vital she would be to our objective.
I paid the bill while Xyiss waited outside, Eularia smiled gently at me.
"Have a good day, Grale."
"You too."
I replied and without another word
I walked out of the diner. We walked about six blocks down the road when I came to a realization.
The waitress which I hadn't given my name to knew my name. I darted back towards the diner, Xyiss followed close behind.
"What is it, Grale?!"
Xyiss shouted as we ran up the road.
I didn't reply, I was to focused on Eularia to answer him.
We reached the diner and I burst in the front door.
I looked all around the diner but Eularia wasn't to be found. She had gone home for the day and she wouldn't be back again untill the weekend was over.
I couldn't let this slow us down, I headed once more out of the diner, then Xyiss and I headed back down the road. It wasn't long before it got dark, the moon was no where in sight. We walked untill we reached a park, we decided to rest there for a moment. We didn't have much money so a motel was out of the question. It would be a night sleeping out under the stars. Something Xyiss and I were use to ,and actually the one thing we enojoyed about this human world. The stars, though sometimes hard to see for all the city lights reminded us of the sky in our realm. It wasn't long before Xyiss drifted off to sleep, I wish I could've gone to sleep as easily as he did but I had to test something. The human world hindered most of our abilities,and I was unsure which of my abilities I still retained. I focused on a giant oak tree, I wanted to see if my strength was still as it had been in my homeland. I threw but one punch and found that the tree stood no chance. I FOUND THAT I HAD RETAINED MY SUPERIOR STRENGTH, I was unsure if I had any of my other abilities or maybe I was just afraid to find out.

--



© Copyright 2009 Lady Blackheart (UN: ladyblackheart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lady Blackheart has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650843-prompt-3