*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651320-FTL-Lead-Have-a-Wretched-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#651320 added May 23, 2009 at 10:48pm
Restrictions: None
FTL Lead: Have a Wretched Day!
This is my response to "Invalid Item for Saturday, May 23, 2009 in the "Follow the Leader

How are you doing?
As well as can be expected under the circumstances!


But please don’t ask me the circumstances
unless you want me to tell you the truth.


I drink a large can of tomato juice last night because I like tomato juice, because I hadn’t had any tomato juice in two months and because the tomato juice had to come out of the fridge. So this morning, my ulcer decided to get even because I drink the entire can of tomato juice and it’s been acting up off and on all day.

My refrigerator runs 24/7 and the seals in both the freezer and the rest of the fridge don’t close properly However, it still freezes ice cubes and keeps the food frozen enough to keep it from spoiling. In the bottom, it remains cold as long as I place nothing in the door and we eat the leftovers the next day.

I priced a new refrigerator without an icemaker. The fridge cost $499.00 plus tax. The tax brings the fridge up to $554.00. My credit and my mother’s credit are in the toilet so when we get a new fridge, we have to pay cash, we’re living on a fixed income, with a budget so tight that we have to go to food banks for food.

My mother needs a hearing aid, but if I make a down payment on a hearing aid, we can’t get the fridge. The dryer went out and we’re drying cloths on the line outside, which is a blessing since it means I get exercise by taking the cloths out of the washer and hanging them on the line.

Things aren’t all bad though, we did get to go out on Mother’s Day. I took my mother to an urgent care because of a place on her leg. I the doctor gave her a prescription and suggestion an over the counter antibacterial cream.

I am looking forward to the Sunday paper in hopes that I might find a fridge on sale that I can pay cash for unless the store doesn’t want to wait until Wednesday when my check comes in. My sister did sent $100.00 so we can make a down payment, unless the store wants it in cash rather then through a debit card.

If I can find a used fridge, then I have to figure out how to get it home because it won’t fit in the backseat of my Kia and I don’t have a pick up. Wouldn’t matter anyway because once I got it home then I’d have to get it in the house.

I’m tired. My ulcer is acting up. My dentures are soaking and waiting for me to wash them. My mother is depressed and on the verge of crying. She has decided she will be blind next week. Of course, she said the same thing last week. She can’t hear, but if I raise my voice so she can hear me, she thinks I’m angry with her because I raised my voice. When she got up this morning she was in a good mood, but it didn’t last. She is back in a good mood now.

I’m going to close this because my ulcer is acting up. I swear I will never drink that much tomato juice for at least two months or until I forget that my ulcer doesn’t like tomato juice.


© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651320-FTL-Lead-Have-a-Wretched-Day