*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651636-Early-to-bed-Early-to-rise
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #470704
Things I find myself only able to express in words and in this journal - welcome!
#651636 added May 25, 2009 at 11:46pm
Restrictions: None
Early to bed, Early to rise.
I've been meaning to update and meaning to update. I actually started a few weeks ago, got so much written, then realized a bunch of it had changed and it was long and complicated.
One year of grad school down, 2 and a half years to go. Then 2 years afterwards to get my license. They've pushed really hard on us to look at ourselves. If there is something that bothers you, they will find a way, whether they are doing it on purpose or not, to get under your skin. So many times, you hear about clients and you see yourself in it.

Manda, honestly... if I didn't have a fairly strong sense of self... I would have broke this year. Sometimes I feel uncertain of myself, but I've learned to grab to what I know. It's been horrible at times this past year.
One of my friends keeps telling me I'm too nice, I'm too patient, etc. I told her maybe... maybe I'm supposed to be... because I feel like I can take more than most. Maybe it's my gift. Maybe I'm just stupid.

Work was really annoying at the first part of the year. It was basically because I was the one actually doing most of it. At one point, one of the other supervisors pissed off one of the ladies so bad that she came in the next night, ready to take out her frustration on whoever was behind that desk/counter. Luckily I got her to calm down in just a minute or 2 by letting her know I didn't know what happened and talking to her about it. She's like 6'5" and looks like an amazon. The counter that hits me below my chest, hits her basically at her waist. Scary. I was so mad at the other supervisor for not letting me know what she had done the night before.
In addition to that, the same supervisor told one of the ladies we work with that Manda and I were together. That's not ok. I mean, sure, but, you don't say things like that at work. It is not a workplace topic. So... between various complaints from numerous people. My boss decided it would be best to close the supervisor position being done by graduate assistantships. He told me this one day... scared the crap out of me.

Then I find out that he didn't mean me. He offered to let me stay on as a graduate assistantship, but with new responsibilities. I would essentially become the go between for the new 4 supervisors and him. I am the supervisor's supervisor, basically. Plus, I'll be doing more work with him. Now, he also offered a full time position, then a half time position. I first let him know that I didn't want the position because it would slow down my schooling, he quickly started thinking of ways that he could pay me more and let me keep taking 3 classes a semester. He came up with the idea that he should pay me enough to pay for a 3rd class out of pocket without noticing it. So... that's what the final deal was. 18.6k a year, 2 classes paid for every semeseter, 25 hours a week.

I just want to double check one more thing before I tell him I want the position.

Other than that... let's see...
I counseled my first client ever. I don't know if he got anything out of it. We'll hope he did.
I have more things to say... but maybe later. I'm tired. Manda's been in field school... I don't have to stay up after I drive her, but usually by the time I get back, I'm wide awake, so thus I'm on her schedule. She's been asleep for about 2 hours now... so I'm definitely out.

© Copyright 2009 TrueSoul137 (UN: truesoul137 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TrueSoul137 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651636-Early-to-bed-Early-to-rise