*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651666-Day-18--500-Words-
by Sunny
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1557641
A 30 day writing challenge!
#651666 added November 22, 2011 at 10:55pm
Restrictions: None
Day 18 / 500 Words +
** Image ID #1558952 Unavailable **

Word Cnt. 1,023

Well when everyone was in the courtroom and seated, The honorable Judge came in his courtroom and and everyone had to rise and as quickly as they rose he had them be seated. They called Abby Locker back to the stand and reminded her that she was still under oath.

And Sarah's lawyer taking his notes he just wrote walk up to the center toward Abbey and said, Did you ever talk about getting Rick some help? She sat there for a moment or two and then finally she very slowly said yessss. What a happened? Well it turn out to be a misunderstanding is all.

And what kind of misunderstanding would that be? It is family business sir, well mam in this courtroom you must tell the truth family business and all, Your honor could you please and the Judge looked over at her and again instructed her to answer.

There was nothing wrong with my son! Oh Mrs Locker, didn't your husband leave you for like 6 to 8 months? NO SIR HE DID NOT she screamed. Didn't your daughter in law Sarah take care of you the whole time Jack was gone? NO SIR SHE DID NOT she screamed.

Do I need to have Jack come back up here mam? NO, You know sir I don't know where you are getting your information, but you better go get some more! Mrs. Locker why didn't you get your son, Rick some help? There was nothing wrong with him.

He walk to the table where Sarah was sitting and got another folder and walked up to Abby Locker and said her mam maybe this will help you. She grab it out of his hand and looked at the paper and she continued to flip through the pages till she had looked at all of them.

Then she looked up at him and slam the folder down and said what is your point sir? Mam I ask the question and you answer, Now for the third time, why didn't you get your son some help? NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH HIM! Well Mrs Locker is that why you, your husband, your other kids got beat up?

That is just family swabbles everyone has them sir! Your honor I am done with this witness but reserve to right to call Mrs. Locker back at another time. So noted.

As he took his seat Mrs. Locker was peeling off the witness stand and mutting something noone to really hear clearly.

The other side which is the prosecution called Randy Locker to the stand. And he told how wonderful his brother was teaching him all kinds of things and how much he looked up to Ricky.

And then when Sarah's Lawyer got up there, he ask. How many times did you and your brother Ricky get into a fist fight? I don't know sir. Well how many times were the police called? I don't know sir. You don't know or you just don't want to say? I don't remember sir. Well let me help you out Randy Locker.

Sarah's Lawyer got another folder marked Randy on it and brought to Randy who then opened it and looked it over really good he took fifteen minutes on the first page before even bothering to look up at Sarah's lawyer.

I made it easy for you sir, How many times were the police called because you two were fighting? Well sir I really do not remember, but this paper claims 595 times, and was anyone taken from the house? No. Were you afraid? No Who won the fights? Ricky won but I got my punches in too sir.

I am done with this witness your honor. You may step down. The prosecutor call Russell Locker to the stand. They had him tell how wonderful Rick was and all the great things he had taught him.

And then Sarah's lawyer got up, he ask Russell how many times did you and your brother Rick get into a fight? Well sir I tell tell you not as many times as him and Randy and the police were called but nobody left. Sarah's lawyer smiled and then said who ended up in the hospital? I did once. Why is that? He looked at Sarah and then her lawyer and said Ricky threw me down some stairs and I got my legg broke.

Why did he do that? Because I was defending Sarah! Out of the whole family you are the only one who really stood up to Rick, aren't you? It's not that big of a deal sir. Do you believe in hitting women? No sir.

Your honor I am done with this witness. The honorable judge looked at Russell and said you may step down. As he went to his seat Abby started in on him but the Judge ordered silence in his courtroom and said I will clear this room out do I make myself clear.

Then the prosecution called Rachel and had her tell how wonderful her brother Rick was and how he protected her from others. And then Sarah's lawyer got up and ask her did Rick ever slap you or knock you around? No sir. And he reached down and got a folder that had Rachel on it and walked over and handed it to her.

She took it and looked it over completely taking like ten minutes for each page, but that did not bother Sarah's lawyer he ask her as she flip a page, Again I am asking you did your brother Rick ever slap or knock you around? Okay sir, yes he did.

Did he have a reason? Rick always had a reason. What do you mean? In his mind he always had a reason. Did you ever in your mind think that you ever gave him a reason? No sir but I am not him who knows what he really thought, and we will never know because Sarah killed him!


© Copyright 2011 Sunny (UN: sunnie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sunny has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651666-Day-18--500-Words-