*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651886-I-had-to-have-a-stone-pine-tree-removed
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#651886 added May 27, 2009 at 3:31pm
Restrictions: None
I had to have a stone pine tree removed
‘Idál (Justice), 11 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 166 BE – Wednesday, May 27, 2009 about 12:12 PM Pacific Time

I had to have one of the stone pine trees removed from the front yard. The one that's going is closest to the garage and the house. It's roots are growing toward the foundation of the house, so it was either have it removed or let it damage the foundation. Paying for it is going to make a tight situation even tighter, but the contractor gave me a good deal.

These are tough economic times and contractors, at least in Las Vegas, are offering good deals if one can find the money to pay. I'm also paying cash for it and he will take half now with the other half dew the first of June. Besides it cheaper to have the tree taken out then to have the foundation fixed. I still have two stone pine trees and an olive tree in the yard. I suspect I'm going to have to have the other two pine trees taken out eventually, but that can wait for a while.

I'm sad to see the pine tree go, I enjoyed looking out my window and watching her limbs wave in the wind. The shadows danced across my garage roof making beautiful patterns. I wasn't as sad when the wind blew the elm tree down. That was an act of nature, an act of God. Having the stone pine tree removed was a deliberate decision.

I think I would like to plant another tree in the front yard, I'm considering a desert tree of some type. Their roots go deeper and they survive better in this climate. Stone pine trees have shallow roots and they seem to have a more detrimental affect of cement and asphalt then trees with deep root systems.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/651886-I-had-to-have-a-stone-pine-tree-removed