*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/652583
by Sunny
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1557641
A 30 day writing challenge!
#652583 added June 1, 2009 at 10:13am
Restrictions: None
Day 24 / 500 Words +
** Image ID #1558952 Unavailable **

Word Cnt:556


Sarah's lawyer said, how many times have you been to the Locker home for domestic violence? And officer Mason without batting an eye said 750 times. That sure is a lot and out of all them times how many times did Mrs. Locker need help in any way? Well sir sometimes times there was not blood at all she would just be red.

Tell me sir, how many times did you think she needed help? About half. Did you ever get her help? She always refuse. Did you ever see her at the police station? Yes sir. What for? She had to get a restraining order and other paper work. And is all that on file? Yes sir.

Did you ever have any run ins with Mr. Locker? Officer Mason lean back into the chair and said well sir he made threats plenty of times to me and my partner Officer Wilcox but he never did anything. Well officer Mason are you comparing your self to Mrs. Locker? I am just saying that his threats were empty.

You mean with you being an officer of the law with your guns on you the whole time compared to Mrs Locker about 105 -110 pounds and the jury was looking at everyone and taking in every word.
Sir I am just saying he did not proceed is all I mean. Do you believe that a man has the right to beat on his wife? I between what is been a man and his wife is between them sir.

Do you hit your wife? No sir! You are under oath and I will call your wife up here sir. I have never beat on my wife and you can call her up here all you want sir. Have you ever hit your wife? Your honor the prosecution said. Make your point quickly. Have you ever hit your wife? Yes. On a regular basis? No Is your wife's life in danger? No So you just don't hit her just cause you feel like it? No. Did you ever try to help Sarah Locker? I came to their home and did what the law told me I could do.

So did you ever tell Mrs. Locker she must of done something to cause such a fuss? I do not ever recall saying anything of a sort. Did you ever tell Mrs. Locker that you did not have the time to keep coming out to her home over such petty things? No sir I most certainly did not. Did you ever tell Mrs. Locker she made her bed and now she had to lay in it? No sir I did not.

Do you think Mrs. Locker would make these things up on an officer of the law? Sir I don't know her and I did my job is all. Well tell this court how many times you came out to the Locker home and calmed him down and left? Ummm I did do that a couple of times, and as a result what happened another call came out and others were sent to the Locker home. So do you really think you did your job? Yes I do sir.

© Copyright 2009 Sunny (UN: sunnie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sunny has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/652583