*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/653165-Homeward-Bound
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#653165 added June 4, 2009 at 10:57am
Restrictions: None
Homeward Bound
How can it be we’re already over half way back to England on the Queen Mary 2 and wondering if the month of May was just a surreal dream? Photographs and memorabilia will confirm it was not and will be treasured memories for a long time to come.

The weather is better on this return journey and being more familiar with the ship’s layout enables us to relax a little more than on the outward bound trip. However, I don’t think I’ll ever know my bow from my stern no matter how many explanations I’m given. DUH.

There are still plenty of things to see and do and far too much irresistible food to add more inches. Dieting and gym will have to be top priorities once we are sorted out back home. It could take a while to come down to earth and unpack the mountains of luggage however.

So, on Saturday we’ll be docking at Southampton and a taxi will be waiting to take us home and back to reality. We do have to dash over to Derby straight away for Mey Ling’s birthday party; I doubt we’ll be very lively but it will be good to see them all again.

People have commented we must be looking forward to going home, but I can honestly say apart from friends and family and a few tiny items peculiar to England I haven’t missed it at all. I have missed my Mum a lot, but hope that’s a sign she’s been with me throughout our travels.

Internet on board is very intermittent and expensive, so I probably won’t get onto WDC again until we’re home and sorted. I look forward to catching up with my favourite bloggers; it will be a richer experience for meeting some of these wonderful people along the way.


© Copyright 2009 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/653165-Homeward-Bound