*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/653556-Hi-Hunnies-Im-Home
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#653556 added June 7, 2009 at 3:07pm
Restrictions: None
Hi Hunnies, I'm Home
Just checking in to inform you I'm home and wondering if the past five weeks really did happen and if they did, why did they pass so quickly? *Cry*

We woke up early Saturday morning on a still ship with far more noise and activity outside the cabin window than we'd grown used to. Southampton docks are hardly a match for New York Pier. *Cry*

It took a few hours to disembark and then it was back into the hired taxi and the long drive home. Confirmation I was back in England was pretty swift. It was raining and when we stopped at a motorway service station there was no paper in the loos and queues at all the counters. Things I haven't missed one iota. *Cry*

The house is still standing although I suspect there may have been some party activity held here in our absence. We dashed over to Paul's house in the evening for Mey Ling's burpday party, although I suspect Angel and Dylan may have forgotten who we are. *Cry*

This morning we woke to the familiar sound of water, but not in the form of ocean waves. It has pimply sissed down all day which hasn't helped the dampened spirits at all. *Cry*

So, it's back to routine and humdrum with the added duty of emptying five hundred cases and bags. But you know me, never one to complain. I console myself with having survived a very hectic but fabulous five weeks and there being no major disasters in our absence.

It will take me a while to download and sort out all the photographs, but rest assured you will eventually hear all about our Transatlantic crossings and the adventures in the U.S.A. I'll get round to checking up on you all at some stage too. But for today I'm seriously boat lagged and will need a while to adjust to the English weather and way of life again.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible. Hoping everyone is well and enjoying some sunshine. If the foul weather continues here I'll soon be needing a holiday. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2009 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/653556-Hi-Hunnies-Im-Home