*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/653519-How-Chief-Executives-think-they-know-it-all
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1425947
a maybe daily but likely not blog!
#653519 added June 7, 2009 at 9:16am
Restrictions: None
How Chief Executives think they know it all.
Just wanna get this off my chest... A new CE started at my place of work and he came round to 'show his face' to the commoners. During his visit he told us that he made a point of not telling people he was coming because it was a bit like the Queen visiting places and smelling new paint everywhere; that he liked to see 'his' people in their 'natural environment'!

When he arrived I had been in the middle of witing an important and difficult email to a colleague, which required a degree of diplomacy, therefore I was in heavy duty thinking mode. Let me tell you that all my colleagues, friends and family know what I am thinking at any given time because if there is one weakness I freely hold my hands up to it's showing my emotions on my face there and then. And at this time I was thinking hard, engrossed.

The CE said to me:
"You might want to check the body language there"
I looked up and realised he was talking to me. I had a deep frown on my face and my arms folded. I said:
"Oh yeah sorry I was thinking about something".
He carried on pontificating about the various merits of meeting people without warning and as he left he gave me a little nod and said:
"And remember... check that body language".
Ok, the thing is, I am not working at a front desk, I feel I am entitled to think with whatever expression I want on my face... surely we have not got to the point in society where we can't even pull the odd face now and then! I thought he had a cheek actually because iof you are going to make a point of catching people unaware you've go to be prepared to accept what ypou find to a degree. i mean, obviously if I'd been shagging someone on the desk I would understand his consternation. I reckon this is just a little hypocritical and that really he was a Queen expecting the joy of sniffing fresh paint!

© Copyright 2009 joan gech (UN: spanna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
joan gech has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/653519-How-Chief-Executives-think-they-know-it-all