*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/653569-Day-30--500-Words-
by Sunny
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1557641
A 30 day writing challenge!
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#653569 added April 3, 2010 at 9:39pm
Restrictions: None
Day 30 / 500 Words +
** Image ID #1558952 Unavailable **

Word Cnt: 1,023

After Sherry Smooth's testimony Sarah's oldest daughter Constance Wendy Locker was called and she says she loves her mom and her dad but she is glad he is gone. And it was ask, why is that? And she said he was always hitting on my mom and hurting her, even though she would tell me and my brother and sister that it looks worse than what it really is.

And then finally the moment everyone has been waiting for. Your honor I would like to call my client Sarah Locker. Sarah slowly gets up and walks to the witness stand and to her it is the longest walk she has ever had to do.

As she is sworn in they ask her for her full name. Sarah Jamie Locker. Then he ask her if Rick was always this way with her. No sir not at first but with in six months he was different. Oh and how is that? Rick was always in charge and we always did what ever he wanted.

Well Sarah we have heard bits and pieces from everyone and I would like for you to tell us about that day, the day or that evening you shot your husband Rick.

It started just like any other day, I got everybody up and then I started breakfast and when the coffee was done I took Rick a cup and went back down stairs to finish making breakfast. After they all left, Rick went to work and the kids went to School, I began to clean the house as I always did sir.

What happened when the kids came home from School. We sat at the kitchen table talking about their day at School and then I let them choose what they wanted for supper and they chose TV dinners within twenty to thirty minutes Rick came in and he had the mail in his hand and that look in his eye and then he ask me what that awful smell was and when I told him what it was he told me to take it out, I said let me feed the kids and I will fix you something else he then slap me about four or five times or so and began telling me how sorry I was and then he sent the kids up stairs to their rooms and after they ran upstairs he threw the mail at me and said do you have something you wanna tell me Sarah?

Tears were rolling down her face and her lawyer looked around as she continued I said no Rick I don't have anything to tell you, why? Are you sure Sarah? Rick what is it? Pick the mail up Sarah and there it was a letter from my lawyer and he started hollering, you are not getting no divorce and you know I can fix you so you won't make it and with that he began to pound on me, he hit me so hard I went clear over the kitchen table, then he grab me up and make me take out the TV dinners which I did and he then pounced on me even more I laid on the kitchen floor he then dragged me to the living room he jerk me up and slammed me into the wall and proceeded banging my head into the wall and there was this mirror and he busted my head into it and I got cut I can still remember the blood running down my face and the taste of my own blood.

At some point he dragged me up stairs to our bedroom where he continued to beat on me and I could not stop him at all even when he was ripping off my clothes Rick had full control to this day I do not know what made him stop but I know that he did and he left I just laid there my body wrench in pain and as quickly as he left he returned and hollered for the kids to come down and eat he also hollered at me but I could not speak. I heard the kids run down stairs and he said I got us something to eat sit down here and then he came to the bedroom and told me he got dinner to come eat and I just looked at him

Rick was drunk and he continued to drink even more that evening after they all ate he sent the kids up to their rooms and came up stairs and said how 'bout a little. What did that me? He wanted to have sex. Did you refuse? I knew if I refuse he would only start back up again and because he was drunk it took a long time. How did that make you feel Sarah? Like I was gonna vomit, I hated more then than I ever had.

Now you waited till your kids were in bed you laid there what was you doing? I was thinking how horrible my life was how all Rick had ever done was hurt me and then I thought how horrible my kids lives were. So you got up and went to the closet? Yes. You loaded it? Yes. What happened? I stood there and placing my finger on the trigger he looked at me and said you don't have the guts to shoot me Sarah, tell you what girl if you don't I will kill you and then he moved and I fired! I knew it was him or me at that point. Sarah where was you going? I was running for my life for the life of my kids, I thought when Rick wakes up, when Rick wakes up me and the kids will be gone, me and the kids will be gone. Sarah where did you go? I went to the police station and here we are sir.

On closing arguments the prosecutor claimed it was premediated and Sarah's lawyer claimed temporary insanity.

Then the jury was off to deliberate and decide with using only the facts and all of the facts...






© Copyright 2010 Sunny (UN: sunnie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sunny has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/653569-Day-30--500-Words-