*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/653580-Families
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#653580 added June 7, 2009 at 7:04pm
Restrictions: None
Families
    Families are oddities, aren't they? We don't choose our families. We don't pick out siblings or parents or aunts and uncles. In the modern world, parents can, kinda/sorta, pick out children. We're thrown together in some sort of cosmic joke. Like it or not, we're stuck together.

    Our DNA is the same, and so are some personality and character traits. We may resemble each other physically. But some of us are so different, you can't but help but wonder, was he found in the cabbage patch, and she was left on the back stoop, and I was purchased on the black market.There can't possibly be any connection other than living under the same roof for a while.

    Even in the best of families, there are days you feel truly blessed to be kin to such wonderful persons. But, the times come when you ask God why he hated you so much to give you such a problem.

      I have two uncles who have never gotten along. They love each other and care about each other's families very deeply. They just can't stay in the same room together without a fight flaring up. I have two brothers who care about each other, who care about me and the rest of the family, but they get on each other's nerves at the drop of a hat.

    One of the uncles would complain to my mom about the other, and she wouldn't disagree. She just smiled and said, "But he's ours." So I tell my brothers, "You can't change him. So just love him no matter what he does." I remind them of our priorities in life. Don't say anything you'll regret later. Life is too short to hold grudges and not speak.

    Maybe we didn't choose each other. But we'll always be there. When others in our life come and go, family members will be the rocks we depend on. 

© Copyright 2009 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/653580-Families