*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/654005-Mosquitoes
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#654005 added June 10, 2009 at 10:42pm
Restrictions: None
Mosquitoes
    Granted there are many wondrous things in creation. Beautiful sunsets, colorful flowers, towering pine trees, deep canyons, tropical birds and songbirds, ocean waves, creatures of the deep, sea shells that make roaring noises in your ears, waterfalls, rustling brooks, . . . The human body itself is a mass of amazing things, blood cells, skin cells, brain cells, almost a hundred bones just in your hands, tendons that work with bone and muscle to make movement, organs that perform so many functions.  The list is endless.
 
    But don't you ever wonder why certain things had to be created? OK, thunderstorms and snowstorms have their own kind of power and majesty. I understand wind currents, tornadoes, and hurricanes, and other phenomenon that wreak havoc. I'm not fond of animals that would prey on humans or earthquakes (why do people keep living in California?) or tidal waves, or floods. I know the world can't be perfect. But there are so many little things that really irk me.

    Why do we need fleas, or flies, or mosquitoes? Why are some of us allergic to bees and mosquitoes?  Why do these pests carry disease? And what about maggots, lice, scabies? Did we really need to have these things created?
And mice and rats? What's the point? Why are roaches determined to live century after century, no matter what chemical or technique is developed to destroy them, instead of going the way of the dinosaur? Can't we exchange the bald eagle for roaches on some cosmic level? Why should the little nasty bug be tougher than a majestic bird?

    Some day, maybe the Maker will share His wisdom with us.

© Copyright 2009 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/654005-Mosquitoes