*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/654231-A-tiny-heartbeat
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#654231 added June 12, 2009 at 2:04pm
Restrictions: None
A tiny heartbeat
Despite the fact that the world seems now permanently without sunshine, it has been a wonderful and amazing day. This morning we had our first ultrasound and though it was hard to discern the baby’s true shape, we could clearly see the tiny motion of its beating hard. When the doctor turned and knob and amplified the sound, the fast little heartbeat seemed to fill up the room. I could barely contain my emotions, tears of joy and relief came without restraint. It really was an amazing experience. Upon getting to work, I discovered one of my pieces had been accepted for publication, giving me my first real credentials since I began pursuing publication more seriously. I’m feeling more buoyant than I have in a while. My sister-in-law sent me a prayer the other day, St. Theresa’s prayer to be exact. In that prayer I found a line I think sums up today and all the endless possibilities that wait for all of us. I keep it with me now because, more than anything else has, it speaks to a time when I had only my faith to lead me out of the dark places…
“May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.”

© Copyright 2009 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/654231-A-tiny-heartbeat