*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/655828-Tuesday-June-23-2009
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#655828 added June 28, 2009 at 10:15am
Restrictions: None
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009

         Hi.  I trust everyone is well.  I have telephone duty today at the office, meaning I fill in for our receptionist when she takes a break or goes to lunch.  So, I am updating my "blog." 

         I want to warn everyone who hasn't been to the airport lately.  Often your gate assignment is printed wrong on your boarding pass and even if it shows that it's correct on the airport flight monitor; once you get to the gate, your gate may have changed.  This can cause you to miss your plane if you are unaware.  I've never had this problem before, but it happened at Tampa International and at the Atlanta airport on my recent trip to visit family in Alabama.  If no one is at your gate to greet/help you when you arrive and your flight is not showing on the gate monitor, go to the nearest counter for your airline, which should be nearby.  (There is a main gate for Delta at Tampa Int'l. once you've past through security and are in the gate area.)  If I hadn't been helped by some passengers while at the wrong gate, I wouldn't have known what to do since they had no one at the gate available to help/greet anyone. 

         Also, they charge you now for your luggage.  If you have a trip with two legs, you'll be charged double --- once for each airport.  I paid a total of $15.00 to check one bag on my trip out and again going home --- since the trip had two legs each way.

         You can now check your bag online if traveling through Delta, which will save you time.  You can leave your bag with the attendant outside of the airport at the "Delta" entrance, which will save you some grief since most kiosks (I have encountered) are not user-friendly and often there are not enough attendants behind the counter to help you.  Everything is "self-help," like at most gas stations.

         If this helps one person, it was worth putting out there.

         Have a great day and may you glide through the remainder of your week with enough energy to get your job done and enough friendliness to make you a joy to your co-workers!  Take care.


© Copyright 2009 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/655828-Tuesday-June-23-2009