*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/656200-Thursday-June-25-2009
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#656200 added June 25, 2009 at 8:23pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009

         Bought a Eucalyptus plant today... afterward I read the little card that tells you how to take care of them.  That was my first mistake.  I live in an apartment.  They are to be planted in the ground and can grow up to 40 feet tall.  I'm going to ask my landlord for permission to plant it in the ground.  I have the perfect area in mind.

         Besides all of that nonsense, my daughter passed out at work last night.  She was in a patient's room taking vitals when she began to feel faint.  She went to the restroom and completely passed out while using the toilet --- landed on her face and was out a good seven minutes.  Her nose was swollen, cut and bleeding after the incident.  Her chin is bruised and she has a fat blue lip.  She told me it has been very hot on their floor in many of the rooms --- the patients are complaining, asking for fans and such --- everytime she or someone else mentions the heat, they're told the thermostat is as low as it will go.  (Did they ever think maybe they need a new unit/units?)  I called the hospital and was passed to at least four people before I finally spoke with a guy in Safety who promised to get to the bottom of it.  According to the man in maintenance, they had received no reports of an air conditioning problem...  I told the fellow that if they don't care about their employees, they should at least care about their patients.  She works on the most critical floor of the hospital --- a place where some nurses refuse to work.  I threatened if this happens again or if anything untoward happens to my daughter due to their negligence, I will sue their pants off.  Gave them my name and told them I work in a law office fully equipped to handle any such problem.  I am sure that I went way overboard, but by the time I was passed around four times, as if nobody knew what to do with the call, my frustration level began to rise.  I had to wonder, Does anyone really know what they're doing at that hospital?

         Once I actually saw my daughter, I was a bit relieved.  As a mom, the worst case scenario tends to run through your mind.  I was dreading seeing how bad she looked, imagining the worst.  I was thankful.  I told her not to lean over unless she absolutely had to or she could end up with two black eyes.  Her nose is swollen to twice its size.  She has a cut between her eye and nose.  I'm starting to repeat myself...

         Good-bye for now.  Did you know how "good-bye" originated?  (It was a question on Jeopardy the other night.)  It originated from "obey God."  That's how, apparently, the early Christians said good-bye ---- they said "obey God."  I can't think of a more appropriate way to say farewell.  Obey God.

© Copyright 2009 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/656200-Thursday-June-25-2009