*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/656609-Eight-years-and-thats-the-thanks-I-get
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#656609 added June 28, 2009 at 1:14am
Restrictions: None
Eight years, and that's the thanks I get?
Good evening Studyees, and a fine how-do-you-do to y'all. After another 60-hour workweek with no day off in sight, I come to you with something I'm probably gonna laugh off and not get pissed about. I have no energy for it anyway, with the 24-hour bug I think (I hope) puked itself out of my system last night.

But this kinda irks me, and makes me want to have a cigarette even though I've just had one five minutes ago.

I've been making a bit of an effort when I have freetime to catch up. Y'all've been cool with that, and you understand. You know the hows, whens, whys, etc. That is why I will not be naming names, but you'll know who you are, and wisely drop the immature behavior and go about your business when I'm done saying what I have to say, for my own good. I hate carrying negativity to bed with me.

A few weeks back I received a comment from an entry about some nonsense of the given day. I remember it being a good entry, I thought. The comment was from someone who hasn't been on WDC for very long. I tried to be appreciative in my reply. I offered some background on me. Maybe I came off a little condescending. So what, it's my life. This commenter invited me to his/her blog. I said I would, when I get a chance. As life would have it, I have not had the chance. And I don't feel I need to explain any further why. I was getting to it, but I haven't gotten there yet. And I don't think I will be. The want-to is now gone.

Today I received an email from same individual...or rather, I received an email from myself, with some commentary thrown in. I know this because I wrote it awhile ago, and it included clever shades of pink from he/she to denote it's thoughts on my response. And may I say, Stoggers, it wasn't pretty. I will not dignify it with a response, but I'll skewer it a little here...and in the same turn of respect I will probably not talk about it when pressed, only to say how unneccessary it really was.

So basically, you're gonna come into my house, I'mma show you around, invite you back, and then you come and kick my dog and steal my salt shaker? That's some shit, if I may say so. This person has no clue what I do or the life I live, and gives me the same speech girls would give me in 9th grade when I wouldn't call them back when I said I'd call them. Only this time, the rules are different. We're not dating. I'm not gonna take your blog to Denny's. Especially on a day that I've worked from 8am to 9:30pm. Unlike one of the verbal smacks this person attempted to lay down, I do have priorities. You fine, polite, educated folks that have been perusing The Library for a year and a half here get more pull than some stranger off the street who shows up once and wants to put the feet up on the furniture. You earn my time when I have little to give, you don't demand it. I'm all about promoting and shedding light, but I don't have time like I did a few months ago. I don't have all day. There are blogs I haven't looked at in months that I'm still trying to get to. I'm trying to work it, and I know how it works. On this coming Wednesday I'll have racked up eight years on this site. I don't need someone who's got less than three months on WDC trying to tell me what to do. Rules be damned when it comes to "get one, give one" as soon as you squawk about how neglected you feel.

I love each and every one of you in your own way for being a part of what I do. All the better if you're racked on the left-hand side...and don't fret if I haven't gotten to you yet. I will soon. I hate wasting my precious time on a hater. And right now, my time is precious, between working my schedules around two jobs, J's dad being in town to visit his dying mother, random mishaps, J's kids, and my selfishness of trying to max the shit out of this iPod. My cool shit friend Nicole was even in town last week and between work and birthdays and other shit I couldn't even make time for her, and I love her dearly. A tangible, touchable person who is a part of my life and not just words on a screen. I feel fucking awful about that. My best friend lives 20 minutes away and we can barely see each other due to family, work and any number of circumstances. Same with my extended family. So where some n00b gets off on saying the kind of mock-condescending crap it said, I have no idea. In my almost eight years on WDC, I don't think I've even gotten a review for any of my items that sounded so cocky and immature as the email I received did. It bugs me, but it'll blow over quick. For me at least...I have better things to deal with, like trying to find Noe 's address to send her some blank cds, and get some more stuff on my iPod, and the graduation party tomorrow for J's cousins after work, and phone calls I need to catch up on, and so on and so on and so on. You understand. Check that...you understand. And I appreciate that, and all that you are, my faithful Studyees.

With that I need to get back to some basics around 40 Broe. Sorry to have wasted my You-time on such a petty issue, but I had to get it out there to feel much, much better. This coming week will be chaotic, but it's par for the course in these parts these days. Peace to Winkz for graduatin' today, and peace to the people from the past who are no longer on WDC for makin' me the Fivesixer you see. I still have mad love for 'em. Have a diesel Sunday...GOODNIGHT NOW!!

© Copyright 2009 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/656609-Eight-years-and-thats-the-thanks-I-get