*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/656743-My-friend-Nancy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#656743 added June 28, 2009 at 2:59pm
Restrictions: None
My friend Nancy.
We rode the Vulcan to Anacortes yesterday. Where we met up with our friends Dave and Nancy. It was great to be out on the motorcycle in the sunshine. It was even greater to see my friend Nancy. She has been battling breast cancer. She's been through chemo, radiation, and a full mastectomy. She lost her hair, but it is coming back in. For now it is white. She thinks it will darken up again, though. She looks good and she says she feels good.

Nancy is amazingly brave and courageous. She has kept up a positive attitude throughout her ordeal. She gets her strength from God and prayer. She allows His light to shine through her and enlighten the lives of those around her. I admire her for that. Every email from her is filled with Hope and Love. She has no time for self-pity or depression. She saves her energy to help those around her who are in need of finding a better way of life. She loves working with youth groups through her church, and much of her time has been spent on helping the troubled youth in her area.

For those of us who have been fortunate enough to know her and share her friendship, we can't help but feel that she has made an impression on our lives. She's showed me that His light shines bright to lead our paths in this life no matter what prevails us.*Smile*


** Image ID #1546233 Unavailable **


© Copyright 2009 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/656743-My-friend-Nancy