*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/657553-july-3
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#657553 added July 3, 2009 at 1:21am
Restrictions: None
july 3
Thursday and I am so tired. I have been getting up every morning at about 10 min to 5am and leave the house aby about 20 minutes after. My husband, Paul and I are helping cook for our annual campmeeting. We serve between 2400-3000 meals in two weeks. It will be a little less this year because of the economy. Many are buying food and preparing it in the kitchenettes. Breakfast is basic; sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, toast, cinnamon rolls, biscuits and gravy, made to order eggs and hashbrowns. Along with that there is fruit juice, canned fruit, yogurt parfaits and pancakes; better known as crepes. They don't raise and are thin, but I love them.. If you get tired of butter and syrup, you can put a sausage in the middle and roll it up.


Each day the lunch/dinner menu changes. Today it was penne pasta, large tiger shrimp in a very creamy garlic white sauce and cherry tomantoes. Beef and chicken enchaladas were also served. The desserts are to die for!! We have special ones each day. They have pies (frozen then they bake them) each day. Then I made a SugarFree dessert, there was a chocolate crumb layered with a cream cheese, whipped cream, freah raspberries, whipped cream and topped with more chocolate cookie crumb. It is about 3-4 inches tall and about 1,000 calories. There is bread pudding and today we had cream puffs with whipped cream and topped with chocolate.


If you haven't figured it out, we use lots of heavy whipping cream; in the sausage gravy, in the eggs I make (to make them light and fluffy) in the Penne sauce and just about all the desserts! Hey! its Campmeeting and while we make lots of healthy salads, veggie and fruit and cheese plates, there are traditions that are expected. *Smile*


My dad and mom have been out to the last two night meetings. He has been annointed and prayed for and if it is the Lord's will to heal him, amen. If not all I ask is that he not suffer.


I need to get to bed, I just can't keep my eyes on the screen any more.


Good night all.
© Copyright 2009 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/657553-july-3