*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/656326-June--26
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#656326 added June 26, 2009 at 2:55pm
Restrictions: None
June 26
This morning I worked on a chapter of my book and part of my Novel lesson. I left the house at 7:30 to go to the Emploment off ice for an orientation meeting where I learned what I needed to do with my on line job search. I guess I had better start applying instead of just looking.


When I got home, I quickly changed clothes and headed to the church restaurant to see if they needed any help. When I got there I was told no help was needed as yet but there in his place is the Old Sea Dog. The Old captain who has retired from the kitchem more times than Carter has pills. He has been through a heart attack, a low blood sugar incident and surgery for cancer in his cheek. All this in the last 3 months! You can't keep this guy down. He is like the pesky gopherin the yard. No matter what you do to get rid of him he pops right back. The OSD is a great cook, and has been the master chef for many years, but the time has come to let someone else take the Big Whip (that metal whip used for making whipped cream or creaming some liquid).


I hope he will not over do and we will be holding a funeral during camp. That being said, if there was a perfect way for The OSD to die it would be in the kitchen with his hat and apron on.


I am hearing a terrible, loud machine and it is vibrating the floor. We are getting a new patio slab poured. After taking a jack hammer to the old one, we put the chunks in the "semi" and wheeled them to the curb where my husband was going to take a few at a time to the trailer at his work. Then we are told, if we spread them back on the space, our friend will put gravel down (which he did today)and we won't need as much concrete. So there we were, loading the chunks back into the "semi" and wheeling them to the backyard where we spread them all out evenly in the area! Whew I was tired and sore.
© Copyright 2009 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/656326-June--26