*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/657716
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1321774
Just some crazy things that really happen in this life of mine.
#657716 added July 4, 2009 at 1:43pm
Restrictions: None
July 4th 2009
The move into the new house has been one thing after another. First the electricians didn't finish the job when they were supposed to and called for the inspector before the job was even done. Luckily the head electrician is a friend of mine and he was willing to come to the house to see what I was talking about. So he got rid of the crew that was working on my home and took it over himself. The inspection was canceled. Good thing. The other team called for it on June 28th, the inspection was supposed to be on the 30th of June, and well there were light switches that didn't work and the central air wouldn't come on because there was a crossed wire...needless to say the head electrician was pissed. Turns out they didn't bother following the diagram he drew up for them and he had to basically start from scratch.

It took me three hours to find the gas valve to the stove. It was where it was supposed to be, but I couldn't move the stove on my own.

I can't use my dishwasher yet. I can't get the faucet adapted because I can't remember where I packed my pipe wrench. So until I find my tool box, I will be washing dishes by hand. That means I will buy a dish drainer that I will use for less than a month..I hope.

In the mean time, the post office is holding my mail. I don't have my mailbox up yet. Even though there is one on the porch, the post master started requiring mailboxes by the curb, so my mail doesn't get delivered until I dig a hole in my yard and stick a post in it.

I hired someone to clear the brush from the back yard. They turned out to be as reliable as the world's worst boyfriend.

If it sounds like I'm bitching, I am--sort of.

One good thing about this whole thing is I have unpacked all my books and I can escape anytime I want by turning a page.


© Copyright 2009 charmed01 (UN: dj1warner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
charmed01 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/657716