*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/658815-What-happens-in-Vegas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#658815 added July 13, 2009 at 5:32am
Restrictions: None
What happens in Vegas...
Apologies if I'm becoming a bit of a 'when I was in America' bore, but as I've stated previously, I really do want every stage of my trip recorded in here for posterity. Bad timing when it seems everyone else is leaving for pastures new, but then my blog here is still my very personal record of events and it doesn't really matter how many comments I receive. I'm an old stick in the mud and am the first to admit it.

So what can I say about Las Vegas? The first thing that hit us as we walked out the airport was the heat. After three days in chilly San Francisco it was a pleasant, but rather uncomfortable surprise after dressing in jeans and jackets.

Our basic, but pleasant enough hotel was right on the strip and thankfully had a pool. Our first stroll along the strip left us open-mouthed, sweating and suffering from neck pain as our heads turned in all directions trying to take in all the sights. Such a crazy place, so bright, so false, yet so fascinating. On one corner cards being handed out for girls direct to your room; on another preachers inviting sinners to repent.

We didn't see as much of Las Vegas as I'd have liked. We spent ages in the M&M building and the MGM. We even tried our hand in the casino and despite not having a clue what we were doing walked away with a $2 win. *Laugh*

I think our trip to the Grand Canyon will stand out as the best day of our trip, if I had to choose, We had a fabulous guide all to ourselves, who took us off the beaten track to places of interest and made us laugh every five minutes. The weather was perfect and the sights breathtaking.

Another Picasa link of photos. How I'd love to do it all again.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Eyupmeduck/VivaLasVegas?feat=directlink

© Copyright 2009 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/658815-What-happens-in-Vegas