*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/659330-A-new-name
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#659330 added July 16, 2009 at 3:13am
Restrictions: None
A new name...
Can't believe my vacation is winding down. I'm just not ready to go back to our routine. Seriously, that's what our lives are. Routine.

So the darling little one, the mouthy little 5 year-old, the one I call the actress - she's very expressive, Miss Sirine, has decided that she wants to have a 10 day sleepover.

OMG - she spent the night last Saturday. Woke up screaming at 5am, pounding on the bedroom door for Danny. Yes Sirine and Danny have a special bond, ever since she was born. Danny even called me and wanted permission to bring her back to the states in his suitcase. *Laugh* Well, the crying woke me, so I got out of bed and carried the little one back to my room and put her in bed with us. Where she happily slept.

That morning, the chatterbug told me, in English mind you, that she wanted to sleep over for 4 days, proudly holding up 4 fingers. I'm an awesome Aunt, ask any of them, lol. Well, Miss Sirine is a wild sleeper. Sits up, looks around, crashes back to the bed. Contantly moving. I barely made it back to sleep before she was at it again at about 15 minute intervuls. So as much fun as I have with her, the thought of 4 sleepless nights is not appealing at the moment. Then the fun begins. Sirine the talkative little one decides I need a new name. A special name. One given to me by her, and can only be used by her. I am now....Taunt Resa. Yep that's right. I do like it, it has a nice ring to it. I am the only one called Taunt mind you, not liking Amto or Khalto as the others are dubbed. And the fact that she played around with my name before settling on Resa was hilarious.

So we snuck back to our mountain for the last 4 nights, and believe me, she is not happy that she hasn't had her sleepover. When I saw her on Tuesday, she's now decided 4 days is not enough. No. She wants to sleep over 10 times. The approach of avoiding the sleepover has lengthened the stay. Good gawd that girl is sharp. Wonder what she'll have in store for us tonight when the family all shows up for a get together at my house. I highly doubt they'll get her to
go back to Beirut. She was helpful while here though. Cleaned my kitchen counter, gave me her dirty clothes to wash.


Did I happen to mention how much I love my new furniture? Hot damn I have picked a winner. LOL. Zak says it makes us look like we have more money than we actually do. *Laugh*

The time change has made it hard to find my favorite chatties. So Lutzy, Sci, True, Lone, Liv - lots of hugs and love. Miss you and your quick wit. Hope all is well in your worlds. And damn it, shoot me an email, or two, or three. Mwahahahahahah

~~Miss Resa heads off to wash Zak's shirt, and clean the floor before the electricity goes off for the afternoon~~~

© Copyright 2009 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/659330-A-new-name