*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/659566-Its-time-to-check-the-temperature-on-the-thermostat
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#659566 added July 17, 2009 at 4:39pm
Restrictions: None
It’s time to check the temperature on the thermostat
Istiqlál (Independence), 5 Kalimát (Words), 166 BE – Friday, July 17, 2009 about 1:18 PM Pacific Time

I don't know if I have a problem or not. Even if I do have a problem, I won't be able to have it taken care of until Wednesday when my social Security check hits my bank account. For the past week or so, the temperature in the house has gotten up to about 90 degrees or more. This means that the air condition is running continuously until the temperature in the house gets down to the desired level.

Eventually the temperature reaches the desired level the unit switches off. The problem is that sometime between 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM the temperature is up over 90 degrees. I have to switch the computer off until the temperature gets down to about 85 degrees. I'm not sure what the problem is because the air conditioner goes off sometime between 7:30 PM and 8:30 PM, when the house has reached the desired temperature.

At this point, I'm not worried so much about the power bill. The next electric bill is due August 6 and that is about $183.00. The September 6 bill may be the problem, but I'll have about 30 days to raise the money for that. The issue right now is whether the unit is working properly. If the unit actually is working properly, then the problem is loosing air through the attic. The cover to the attic is broken so that may be where the problem is located.

I think the only thing to is get some duct tape and cardboard to cover the attic entrance until I can get a cover to go over it. I may also pay a service call to see if the unit is working properly. I have a $25.00 coupon I can use for a service call. I never know taking care of a house would be this difficult, not that I want to live in an apartment or rent a place. Maybe I'm over thinking the whole thing; I just need to make arrangements for the service and buy the duct tape. I can probably find a piece of cardboard big enough to cover the attic entrance somewhere in the house or the garage.


© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/659566-Its-time-to-check-the-temperature-on-the-thermostat