*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/659967-july-19
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#659967 added July 19, 2009 at 10:12pm
Restrictions: None
july 19
I met a woman today that teaches writing at a Sr Activity center (Community Center). She is very good and also meets 4 older women on a private basis once a week. I joined the smaller group for a time. The Oasis Journal prints a book once a year that is written by those over 50 yrs old. I have 3 short stories I have written on WDC that I think might work for this small book. I am unsure of which ones to submit so met with Pat this morning to have her look at them and give me some of her expert advice. She is going to read them and get back to me. I don't want in depth reviews or edits, just a good once over to see if they are appropriate and if there is anything she see glaring that needs attention.


During our conversation she complimented me on my writing and said that I develop my characters and my story. She said I am a fast writer and that I am not afraid to chop or add if I feel the suggestion warrents it. I am not afraid to say no either. (she didn't say stubborn but I probably am)


She encouraged me to finish the Christmas Murder if I am so fixated with it, but I need to get back to Colin's story of the Kindred and get that ready for publishing. She said they are wanting paranormal romances and Vampire romances and most publishers will take very good stories. She has read parts of it in the group and thinks it is good.


I guess I will have to really take that into concideration. She also said she would be willing to edit it as a collaboration. I understand what that means in work, I don't understand what that means in $$$. I may try it on my own. I can't afford to pay her yet, for the first book it may be alright, who knows if it will get published.


Back to the Portfolio and as soon as I post CM book on the Novel Forum to be read; I will then start working diligently on whatever Colin's story is going to be called.


I am just so encouraged that she thought I had potential to be a published writer, notice I didn't say sucessful. That is an individual goal and who is to say if that will happen. Maybe I will be like Dan Brown and have 2 or 3 novels that don't really sell until after I write the BIG ONE! ha ha


© Copyright 2009 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/659967-july-19