*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/660162-ageing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#660162 added July 21, 2009 at 11:21am
Restrictions: None
ageing
"Invalid Item

Off to the hand surgeon today to consult about carpal tunnel surgery.

Work is a bit better now that I have a new nurse manager. Obviously, I've stopped actively searching for a new position until the question of surgery is resolved. If we had a national health care system it would make moving between jobs easier . No one wants to lose health coverage or be stuck in a position where COBRA payments are required. Despite all the naysayers I think President Obama is on the right track.

I work for a huge health-care management company that focuses on senior care. Always, their bottom line is profit not the care of the residents. I don't think that government run senior care could be worse than what I see every day. It seems to work for the Canadians. I became a nurse to provide excellent, compassionate care to the people I serve--somehow the profit motive seems at odds with that goal.

My friend Jill's son and daughter-in-law have produced a lovely, lyrical CD Find the Harmony----they are called Essential Machine. http://essentialmachine.com

I am slowing crawling out from the low-level depression of recent months----not working 60 hours a week has helped. Just hoping surgery doesn't throw me back there.

My sister-in-law has finally received the shipment of her self-published book: Shadow for a Tabernacle. She has spent a small fortune and I hope she can recoup her investment. It is a beautifully produced book of her photographs paired with a verse from each book of the Bible---King James version. I'll have to see if I can provide a link for all of you.

In the car I'm listening to Wally Lamb's The Hour I First Believed--a novel that uses the back-drop of the Columbine high school killings as the setting.

I've been fascinated with santeria ever since reading The Accidental Santera----I've created my own sopera----best friend Jill found a small blue willow pattern soup tureen at a garage sale---it's perfect---including the small crack that someone tried to repair. My maternal grandmother used Blue Willow dishes so there is a wonderul association. I'm not sure what a true santera puts in her sopera---but mine contains beach glass, a jade stone carved with a mermaid, seashells for now....All dedicated to Yemaya...Stellla Maris...the Great Mother of us all.

Watch out for the new moon eclipse today!

© Copyright 2009 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/660162-ageing