*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/661182-July-27
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#661182 added July 28, 2009 at 11:19am
Restrictions: None
July 27
I know it is the 28th but I didn't get this done last night.


It was hot here in Portland yesterday, 104 and the AC is out. I opened the house in the morning to cool it down and we have a small room ac we use to try to keep the LR cool so we can sleep. Not a great thing. I am not a camper and we don't sleep well when we aren't in our own bed. I did find the air mattress so that was at least more comfportable than the floor.


Iwent with my sister and my parents to the montly Dr appointment. My dad is now starting to eat through his mouth and is really enjoying it. He really is all about eating. He has had small portions of crab Louie, chicken pasta and other things that have been offered. He is maintining his weight for now, so that is a very good thing. His spirits are up and he has been able to go fishing and crabbing. That has really put him back to feeling like fighting again. He is doing what he is supposed to as he has goal.


I sent out the invites and have had some verbal response but no mail in's. We included a small card for them to write their memories or just things about dad and mom they want remembered. We will put them in a little scrapbook type thing they can read when they want to. I think all the encouraging notes will lift both their spirits.


I closed the house up but it is still 84 in here. can't cool it any more. Bummer, I have the fams going but it is still just warm air. Did I say its hot. Whine whine where is the cheese?


As long as I don't have to move around or get dressed too much, is naked okay? Not with my son hanging around. I sit in my swimsuit and take showers just to stay cool. Did I say it was hot? Nevermind.
© Copyright 2009 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/661182-July-27