*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/661649-St-Christopher--The-Chariot-VII
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#661649 added July 31, 2009 at 2:58pm
Restrictions: None
St. Christopher--The Chariot VII
I pulled this card from the Tarot of the Saints at the beginning of the week. I must confess that the traditional Chariot card has never resonated much with me.

But this week I've been meditating on St. Christopher and what this card has to tell me.

I'm glad he's been pulled from the Roman Catholic pantheon of saints---it makes him more of an archetypal image. In the card he is traversing a river/stream--carrying the Christ child on his shoulder. The traditional meanings of the card are tenacity, perseverance, forward movement.

I
I've re-imagined the card as a female carrying the Christ child not on her shoulder, but in a Snuggli or a sling, close to her breast and heart.

For me it is saying keep on, keep on, keep going the distance but know that you carry God with you with every step.

The color of the river on the card is a sea-green, a beach-glass green, much like how the Gulf of Mexico looks most days.

So the card tells me to stay the course, keep on, but know what you are carrying with you. It reassures me.

Years ago there was a television program hosted by the Christophers that started by saying, "it is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness..."

I saw the MD for my hypertension today. Now I need blood work, an echocardiogram and an ultrasound of the kidney. I am formally ensconced in the medical industrial complex. It's time to get real about diet, exercise, and taking care of myself.

Blessings!


© Copyright 2009 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/661649-St-Christopher--The-Chariot-VII