*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/666050-Wonderful-weekend
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#666050 added September 1, 2009 at 6:02pm
Restrictions: None
Wonderful weekend.
We got back home yesterday after spending a marvelous time at Lake Chelan over the weekend.

I never swam, but I did don my swimsuit and waded in the clear water up to my waist to cool off. We enjoyed watching all of the jetski's and boats on the lake. The lake doesn't lack for recreation that's for sure. They have very nice docks and mooring area's for boats. Giant floating devices for swimmer's, both for adults and children, were on the premises. They even have a scuttle bus to take out of town to the Water Slides. It surely is a family's paradise.

We enjoyed dinner on Saturday at a drive-in restaurant close to the resort. Burgers and fries on a picnic table outside sufficed.

Sunday we had breakfast at a crowded Apple Cup Restaurant. The food was excellent. Then we spent a couple of hours touring the town of Chelan on foot, going in and out of the shops and walking down to the waterfront.

Sunday evening we had Subway sandwiches at the Super Walmart outside of town.

Of course alot of the time we spent right in our room there at Darnell's Resort. We were pleased that we had a very quiet room that was somewhat secluded in the Loft. We got to watch the Seattle Mariners beat Kansas City on Saturday! Kool.
Watched Clint Eastwwod in a Dirty Harry movie, enjoyed The Main Event on World Poker, and watched some old film clips of boxing.

By Monday morning we were ready to head for home again, though. There was hardly any traffic on the road coming home, which made our trip even nicer.

We pulled in the driveway in the early afternoon. Boy, were our kitties glad to see us, and we them.

There's no place like home.*Wink*







© Copyright 2009 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/666050-Wonderful-weekend