*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/666256-What-a-day
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#666256 added September 2, 2009 at 9:48pm
Restrictions: None
What a day
You know how they say death comes in threes? Well is it possible that good things can come in pairs?

First off, class was good. Went over brainstorming techniques, among other things. Have two chapters to read before Friday.

Zak had his appointment with the Orthopedic Surgeon. They wouldn't even look at the xrays I brought with me. They did ask how old they were. I told them less than two weeks, but they didn't want them. We went from one waiting room, to another. Zak had to put on scrub shorts. That boy wasn't happy. *Laugh* They took new xrays of him. It was interesting to see how advanced technology is. Right before my eyes on the computer screen the xray came up, of Zak from his head to the bottom of his pelvis. You can see that one hip is higher than the other, and the curvature between his shoulder blades. The Good News. Zak has stopped growing. The curvature is only 16%, and will not get worse. They basically told us to forget he was ever diagnosised with scolosis. GREAT. I'm so there. The only complications he will have in the future are random back pain a few times a year that will come and go away within a day. That we can handle.

I closed the CRC auction last night. Didn't do too bad. Got to spread the worth to two other contests as well as my review group.

And happy surprise number two is this.

FORUM
The Weekly Quickie Contest  (18+)
Can you excite in 969 words? Romance+ Contest, April 2024 Theme: Conflict
#1355442 by Dawn Embers


*Blush* I cannot thank Ricky enough for having such confidence in me. He did a hell of a job running the Quickie, and I for one am going to miss him. We talked about me taking it over earlier in the week, but seeing it in my port blew me away. I know it must have been a hard thing for him to, and for that I am extremely grateful to my friend. So, Ricky, remember, you can always enter the contest now. *Wink*


While driving to downtown Detroit, we missed our turn. Which took us deeper into the heart of Detroit. Once I passed a few streets, I knew we were not headed in the right direction. What struck me to the core was the amount of homeless people. Gawd it breaks my heart to see that. What a shame in this day and age. The USA is one of the richest nations, yet we let our own people live in tents, or under bridges, in fields. I swear, a cluster of at least 40 homeless people all sat around an empty field. One tent stood there. The neighborhood was in shambles. When do we as a nation stand up and ask that our government start taking care of things at home, instead of every other country in the world? Why aren't we doing something for our own? It boggles my mind, and makes me very sad.

Rant over.

© Copyright 2009 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/666256-What-a-day