*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/666494-WoW
by Kristi
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1594648
The inner scribblings of my mind
#666494 added September 5, 2009 at 3:11am
Restrictions: None
WoW!
As it was nearing my bedtime tonight, I took Freddi out for one last pee pee potty. I glanced up at the sky as I always do (I get so much comfort and peace from the night sky) and saw something I have never before seen. I stood with my mouth agape and my eyes widened with awe as I stared at the massive rainbowed halo around the bright full moon! I noticed that the rainbow effect was not consistent throughout the entire ring, but was mainly positioned at the very top.

After reveling in such a discovery, wondering if the people driving by had even noticed it, I came in and instantly googled "rainbow halo around the moon". Much to my surprise, since I have been a sky gazer all my life, there was an abundance of information pertaining to this awesome sight.

I just wanted to share my newest nighttime lesson with everyone and offer a photo I found on the web that looks almost exactly like what I just observed from my driveway.

If you find yourself curious, I encourage you to do a simple search and learn about this fascinating occurrence!


© Copyright 2009 Kristi (UN: kristilove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kristi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/666494-WoW