*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/666681-Grease-Spill
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#666681 added September 6, 2009 at 9:46pm
Restrictions: None
Grease Spill
My response to "Invalid Entry by grim for Sunday, September 06, 2009 leading entry in "Follow the Leader.


I don't remember the last time I had a good night's sleep, at least not in a bed. I can sit on the couch or love seat and sleep. I can fall asleep in front of my computer, with my head lying on the keyboard. The minute I go to bed, I'm wide awake. I lay and look out the window, counting the times Metro helicopter flies over the neighborhood. I listen to the noise of the neighborhood. I listen to the noise in my ear. I lay awake reading or praying, but I don't sleep.

On those rare occasions when I do fall asleep in my bed, and not on the couch, then someone rings the doorbell or knocks on the door and wakes me up. I get up and go to the door, I look out but no one is there. I've come to the conclusion that it's my subconscious mind and it doesn't want me to sleep.

I don't have a working T.V. so I can't watch that, I do have a computer. I also have a new mop bucket and heavy duty mop. My grandmother would clean house when she couldn't sleep. My grandfather, who smoke and drink coffee all day, just lay there and snored away. Grandma could run the vacuum cleaner and Grandpa would just sleep and snore. He didn't even wake himself up snoring.

I've been known to wake myself up snoring. Of course, that's when I got more sleep then I do now. I think in order to snore you have to sleep and as I said I don't sleep well in my bed. Last night, I got up took a bath and washed my hair, it didn't help me sleep.

I tried not drinking coffee after 6:00 PM. I tried drinking coffee right before going to bed. I tried getting up in the middle of the night and eating. Nothing helps me sleep in my bed, I sleep well sitting on the love seat or the couch, but it upsets the cats we have left.



© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/666681-Grease-Spill