*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/667031-Melanie
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#667031 added September 9, 2009 at 3:24pm
Restrictions: None
Melanie
The last few days have been a study in contradiction. On the one hand, the new baby is making her life energy well known as she kicks and prods me throughout the day. At the same time, most of my free time is spent working on the little things I can do to help with my cousin Melanie's upcoming benefit concert, a task that brings her terminal battle with cancer to the forefront of my mind on an almost hourly basis. It is strange that these two things exist in the same hours of the day, the wonderful reminder of life and beginnings and the darkness and sorrow of a soul fading. It seems that each moment of joy is paralleled by an equal measure of sadness. My greatest wish is that Melanie might live to meet my new daughter. I know without a doubt she could teach her great lessons about faith and love, about acceptance and strength. This afternoon brought news that Melanie has been admitted into the hospital and as I anticipate my visit with her tonight, my heart is so heavy for her and for her little girls. The baby has quieted over the last hour or so and I find myself wondering if she can sense my moods. The steady thrump of her heartbeat lets me know she's getting ready and will soon be with us, by that time we will all be much in need of the lovely light and hope a new baby brings into the world for all those around her.

© Copyright 2009 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/667031-Melanie