*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/668653-The-Two-of-Us
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Relationship · #1601504
Two in love against a world...
#668653 added February 22, 2010 at 3:18am
Restrictions: None
The Two of Us
         Shinji didn’t let go of me the entire walk back to my house, which was only a few blocks down. And our silence was only broken by the random hiccups which would escape my lips at inconvenient times.
         When we reached my house, Shinji set me down, and yet, quickly reached hold to grab my hand, which was quietly shaking in protest. With his other hand, he searching around in his pocket and took out his keys, one was a spare of mine to which he kept. Opening the door, we entered into darkness, and not even after we shut it did we switch the lights on. All we had enough strength or desire to do is trudge up the stairs which were straight ahead, and slink into the third door on the right. For a moment, he kept his hand on the doorknob, as if half-way thinking towards the consequences of coming inside of my room. And yet, I could only ever trust him, and by slightly tugging on his hand, he agreed and let us into the room.
         I still didn’t have the desire to witness light, so I simply took two steps and fell down onto the floor, Shinji quickly following me.
         It only took him a few spare moments to find my body, and he gently ushered me into his embrace once again, grasping a steady hold of back of my neck and small of my back. His pressure was that of one who was in dire need of comfort, and I could only bring forth my own need while accepting his. So, simply the two of us laid in each other’s arms: me, sobbing for nothing and everything, and him, not even trying to hide his pain from me, as tears flowed.
© Copyright 2010 Sir Bob the Wise (UN: sirbobthewise at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sir Bob the Wise has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/668653-The-Two-of-Us