*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/668803-Blog-Favre
Rated: E · Book · Sports · #1369759
Yoyo Brett Favre and his re-re-return to football...now last shot at glory corrupted?
#668803 added September 26, 2009 at 11:58am
Restrictions: None
Blog Favre
I'm branching out and trying new locations on the web to share my insights and the latest on Brett Favre, which can be found here:

http://briankeithcompton.blogspot.com/

Or, I'll post what it says right here:

Give Mr. Favre His Respect Back
It's not too late. You can still jump back on the bandwagon. He's not in green and yellow any more and purple with horns might seem an acquired taste, but you still love him. Come on.

The Vikings stand alone atop the NFC North thanks to the man whose name is on the tips of every football fan's tongues. Adrian Peterson. Oh, you thought... Yes, I meant...Brett Favre.

I didn't get to watch the game today. The Fox affiliate (who shall remain nameless) did not have the audacity to air the game against the Packers-Bengals disappointment airing on the CBS affiliate, who I will spare with further anonymity. I'll have to settle for NFL Replay, if they'll just announce when the game will re-air.

I did follow on my laptop and watched the updates, as the Vikings got off to another slow start. But, some say their opponents matched their intensity for one half a game before the better team wore 'em out.

I can look at the stat line, and know from the play tracker on the NFL website that Favre was masterful. What I can appreciate is the way he is keeping everything on a tight rein and trusting the explosive talents of Peterson and Percy Harvin to set the tone. Brett's a game manager?!

I thought he was Kerry Collins-like in his performance against Cleveland, and what's wrong with that? Nothing, as I see it. Intriguing is a better word.

The press labels Favre's aw-shucks mentality aptly, as I see it. You could say he's sandbagging a bit, laying in the hay, a sheep in wolve's clothing. If he doesn't have to press, throw deep, try to save the team, he'll take a sack rather than throw an interception at this stage.

Look at the competition and the schedule ahead. He didn't need to report to training camp early, because he is easing into this offense until he is ready to go full throttle. Many critics say he doesn't have a 16 game season in him anymore. But at this pace, he should be just fine. Step on that accelorator to get over those bumps in Green Bay and Chicago, then floor it right into the playoffs.

Yet, Favre can still sail into the curves of each lap knowing he can draft off his teammates to build speed. He's not the number one guy in this offense. Pace yourself Brett, let Tavaris Jackson spell ya in the eight and ninth innings to get those much needed saves. I'm all over the sports realm with these metaphors!

The first team that ignores Favre and puts its focus on the Vikings running game is going to get a wake up call. And likely the Packers will be the one being served a reminder of what they passed up by packing up their golden boy and shipping him off to Siberia, New York last year.

Whatever happened in Green Bay may stay in Green Bay. But, if there's a tell all book in the works Mr. Favre, please let me write it. I've blogged your journey since you announced your retirement and have supported you since day one. Your name and your legacy are intact here and should remain wherever you roam.

The day of reckoning will come for those who distrusted this future hall of famer. Now that Favre is out of the equation in Green Bay where losing is becoming a regularity once again, fans now turn to face Ted Thompson with their doubtful expressions.

© Copyright 2009 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/668803-Blog-Favre