*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/668978-Rode-The-Vulcan-To-Forks
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#668978 added September 23, 2009 at 4:00pm
Restrictions: None
Rode The Vulcan To Forks
For those of you who didn't notice - I was gone a few days. We left early Monday morning and rode to Whidby Island, where we met up with our friends Dave and Nancy at the Keystone Ferry landing. From there, we took the ferry to Port Townsend, which is on the Olympic Peninsula. We rode up to Port Angeles and had lunch on the waterfront. It was a gorgeous sunny day, and we were able to dine outside at the restaurant. Dave and Nancy had their seven year old Rat Terrier(Lucy) with them, so that worked out perfect.

After lunch we took Highway 101 out to the Northwest Coast. We rode the curvey stretch of 101 for miles past beautiful Crescent Lake on our destination to Forks, Washington. It had been several years since Ron & I had made that trip. The first two years we were together we spent time at The Olympic Suites in Forks. From there we visited Rialto Beach on the Pacific Ocean, and the last trip there we headed down the coast to Oregon's Cannon Beach. This time, though, Nancy and I stayed in our suite and visited, while the guys rode out to the ocean town of La Push. That's where Ron was stationed years ago when he was in the Coast Guard. Of course it dosn't look the same anymore, but he enjoys seeing it again, anyways.

I found it quite amusing that the town of Forks has not just one "Dazzled By Twilight" shop but TWO of them on the same side of the main street through town! I never saw any vampires or werewolfs anywhere, but the couple we were with had their dog with them...does that account for anything???*Bigsmile*





My Bikers Sig gifted to me from Sultry Enchantress

© Copyright 2009 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/668978-Rode-The-Vulcan-To-Forks