*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/670581-Myers-Briggs-Personality-Test
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1592786
A place for writing off-the-cuff
#670581 added October 5, 2009 at 4:21pm
Restrictions: None
Myers-Briggs Personality Test
It had been a while since I took the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test, so I thought I'd take it again today. The MBTI is a psychometric questionnaire consisting of seventy-five yes/no questions. It was developed by Katharine Cook Briggs and her daughter, Isabel Briggs Myers, who based it on Carl Jung's theories on human personalities. They first published it in 1962.

I'd never heard of the test before I participated in a characterization workshop. I was so fascinated by the results when I took the test that I started talking about it with friends and family members. I was surprised to learn a couple of my friends had taken the test while interviewing for jobs or for screening with head hunters. Since then, I've used the explanations of the sixteen personality types to create characters for my stories.

When I took the test the first time, I found that I was catagorized as ENFJ, or Extraversion Intuitive Feeling Judgement. It wasn't until I read the synopsis of that personality type that my heart started to race. I felt like I was reading about myself -- it fit me to a tee! It was the coolest thing ever.

I re-took the test today. It's been about eighteen months since I've seen the test or read the seventy-five questions. I shouldn't be surprised...but I was catagorized the same way! ENFJ, baby!

If anyone is interested in taking the test, it only takes about five minutes. I promise that you will be VERY surprised at how accurately it'll peg you *Laugh* Once you know your Type, click around and read about it; it'll probably be like looking in the mirror. And, if nothing else, you may be inspired to create a new character!

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

I'd love to know how you did, if you want to share *Wink*







© Copyright 2009 NickiD89 (UN: heftynicki at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NickiD89 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/670581-Myers-Briggs-Personality-Test