*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/670705-A-Nice-Visit
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#670705 added October 6, 2009 at 6:44pm
Restrictions: None
A Nice Visit
A Nice Visit.

The train was almost twenty minutes late, but I arrived in Edmonds with just enough time to scurry from the train station to the ferry terminal and board the ferry on schedule. Matt was waiting for me when I came down the ramp at Kingston. He had his left arm in a sling because he had fallen in the cooler at work and chipped the bone in his left elbow. It seems, when he went through the metal double doors to the cooler(he is a meat cutter at Albertson's) a week ago, the sensor didn't turn the lights on in the cooler. So, he's stumbling around in the dark in there trying to set the sensor off when he tripped on a black pallet on the floor! He had to report his fall and get Xrays, and was sent to an Orthopedic Surgeon who told him he chipped the bone at the elbow. He was able to go back to work on light duty yesterday, though.

He loves his job and has been working at it for six years now, so he doesn't plan on leaving it.

Oh, sorry for going on about Matt's injury, I'll get back the subject of my visit, now. When we got to the duplex I was greeted by Pat's boys, Jayce & Christian. It had been way over six months since I saw them and they really grew! Jayce is two heads taller than his Dad now! I got hugs from both of them as soon as I got out of the car. I didn't get to see Sierra though. She is Pat's oldest and she lives out in Belfair with her Mom now.

I was only there a short while before Matt's gal Julie came to see me after she got off work. She works at Tully's Coffee in Port Orchard. We hugged and got our picture taken here.

Julie took Matt, Pat and me out for lunch at the Manchester Inn. It sits near the waterfront across Puget Sound from Seattle with a terrific view of the Space Needle. I had French Dip which was delicious. She insisted on paying for it all. We chipped in on the tip, though. Pat's boys had just finished eating so they stayed at their Dad's and played video games.

Later on, Matt went to go pick up his kids. Karly had her girlfriend with her, but they weren't going to stay overnight. The two boys(Kody & Kory) had their friend Daniel with them to spend the night at Dad's! So we had five boys sleeping over. Surpisingly, they were all good as gold. No wonder though, as there are four TV's in the duplex and a XBox and numerous video games and movies, besides the computer. They never lacked for entertainment. Christian, being the youngest spent most of his time outside playing with his friends in the neighborhood there. They skateboarded the driveway in front of the garage.

Matt and I went to Pizza Hut to get pizza's for all of us for dinner later. We ordered three large combo's and one medium cheese(for the girls) I told Matt I would put it on my check card and he could give me some cash. The pizza's came to $57 dollars, even with one coupon! Boy, times aren't like they used to be when I had raised teenager's. I took just a twenty from Matt, though.

Gosh, I think I watched more movies in two days than I had in a week at home. I got to see some old ones over again - Point Break (Patrick Swayze), Pearl Harbor( Ben Afleck), The Man Without A Face( Mel Gibson), Top Gun(Tom Cruise) just to name a few. One I had never seen before - Marvin's Room(Meryrl Streep, Diane Keaton, Robert De Niro, and Leonardo DiCaprio) I loved that one! We even watched a fairly new one called - Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, starring Jennifer Garner, Matthew McConaughey, and Michael Douglas, very funny.

Got to go to Walmart and Fred Meyer over the weekend too.

Monday morning, my daughter Julie, came to pick me up and take me back to the ferry for the trip home. This time I didn't take the train back. Ron picked me up in Edmonds so we could go have lunch at Ivars In Lynnwood, before heading home. We love the fish and chips there. *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2009 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/670705-A-Nice-Visit