*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/671073-Nobel-gone-haywire
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#671073 added October 9, 2009 at 2:35pm
Restrictions: None
Nobel gone haywire?

Just yesterday, I wrote about the 2009 Nobel winner in literature. Today came another shocker surprise.

Well, Congratulations to our President. I voted for him, and I couldn’t be happier that someone from my country was awarded such an honor. Plus, I know he didn’t petition for this unlike the Chicago-for-the-Olympics thing. The question of integrity here is directed totally to the distributors of the Nobel prizes.

Then, I have the feeling that this action could be some sort of a prepayment or should I dare say bribe for influencing the future events? Have the Nobel Prizes turned into a sort of lobbying force? Or was this just another anti-Bush gesture?

So many other questions, too, I dare not ask.

On the other hand, bold moves are the modus operandi of the Nobel Prizes. I feel even the scientific and culturally oriented Nobel prizes, sometimes, reek of political intent, and as history indicates, the Nobel Peace Prize is usually, if not always, political.

Let’s hope this political intent of the Nobel Prizes turns out to be positive, brings forth hope for the future, and unites us in a humanitarian world.

Let's at least hope.


© Copyright 2009 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/671073-Nobel-gone-haywire