*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/672746-Blah-blah-blah
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #1436307
This blog keeps me in touch with WDC. Jamesdillingham.com keeps me in touch elsewhere.
#672746 added October 21, 2009 at 8:54pm
Restrictions: None
Blah, blah, blah....
I have a minute so I am going to spend it dribbling on my blog.

Miscellaneous stuff...

I don't understand extreme political conservatism so I am glad to see that I am no alone in disagreeing with them. I like the public option. I like the idea of a BIG change to health care. I am a small business owner. Yes, I hear the fear mongers loud and clear. However, I know that doing nothing or doing something small is not going to help anyone. If we try something and I end up going broke because it turned out to be bad for me...okay...I will survive so long as overall, it is an improvement for the country.


I disqualified myself in the 14-7-1 contest. I decided I wanted to put the prompt at the top of my entry but forgot that in doing so, I was editing my entry. Too bad for me. The rules clearly stated I wasn't allowed to do that. I will stay in the contest but am not eligible to compete. That's fair. In the end, I write for me. I like the story I have going anyway and I want to see what happens.

I read my entry Soul Mates for the Inspirational Quote contest. I don't see a lot of ME in there. Maybe that is a good thing since I haven't won that contest in a long time.

I am off to the airport in the morning. I get back Saturday morning. In the meantime, my wife and stepson get in Friday night from Hungary. This is a big no-no. I am supposed to be here when she is here. My fault...maybe some flowers are in order...

I am continuing to work on my story that I intend to submit for publication in an SF magazine. I want it to be about 7,500 words long. The problem is that I write so much flash fiction that I keep wrapping the story up at the end of each paragraph and have no where to go. "And they lived happily every after...word count 54."

Tomorrow I start anew on the second half of my book. I have a front row seat, at least as far as Chicago, so I can get some writing done.

Windows 7 comes out tomorrow. The good news is, it cannot possibly make things worse.

My dog gets depressed when he sees me coming down the stairs in the morning with my travel bag. It's interesting how sad he can make himself look.

By the way, is it just me or is Family Guy a really funny show.

Jim

© Copyright 2009 Hyperiongate (UN: hyperiongate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Hyperiongate has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/672746-Blah-blah-blah