*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/672951-Lets-Celebrate
Rated: GC · Book · Opinion · #1591550
One writer's journey
#672951 added October 23, 2009 at 7:46am
Restrictions: None
Let's Celebrate!
Yep. Two good things worth yakking about. *Bigsmile*

Zak passed the written driving exam. Woots! ~~T does happy dance through the living room.~~ Now all that's left is the driving test itself after we take a few jaunts down the Southfield Freeway, and test out that nasty parallel parking. In all honestly,does anyone park this way much? I think not. I'm hoping to get this next step out of the way within two weeks. A girl can dream.

Today is my mother's last day of work. Wow, 35 years in the same hospital and it didn't kill her. Must be a record I'm sure. Through the years I've watched that job stress her out, make her miserable, happy, sad, a bit more happy, and she's managed it all like a trooper. Raising two wild girls alone, dealing with insane bosses, living where it best suited the rest of the family. Yes, she did it all, and then some. When my grandfather could no longer drive, she stepped up, alone, hitting the grocery store, stopping in to see him everyday until he died last September. She did her best to carry that burden alone, thinking she had to. She does more behind the scenes than I'm sure I will ever know, though I've seen a lot. I tend to force her to speak about the hardships she feels she must deal with alone. Can't help it, I see the effect it has on her.

So Nurse Barbie ~ your future is waiting. The world is out there expecting you to come a calling. Go out there and kick some ass, have fun, live a little and leave all the worries behind (but just don't pass them onto me *Laugh* just kidding!) My hope is that you will get the chance to do all the things you've put off for years, being that caretaker we all know and love. Oh, and my T-shirt size is medium. *Wink*

Time for the rest of us to step up and pitch in ~ and we will if you let us.

Test in one hour. Oh my. I need to refresh my brain and grab more coffee, coffee, coffee.

IT'S FRIDAY BITCHES

MAXINE SAYS ~

I could afford season tickets if they shortened the season to three games.

It's Columbus Day! So celebrate by shoving off. bahahahahahha

I can be very happy with very little. I just choose not to be.

What better time than Sweetest Day to put sugar in someone's gas tank?

I hate it when the wind blows my neighbor's leaves into my yard. Do you know how long it took me to rake them over there in the first place?

I make it a policy to never take work home with me... unless you count office supplies.

Here's one for you Momma
I had to give up coffee--it was keeping me up all morning.

T is out

© Copyright 2009 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/672951-Lets-Celebrate