*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/673819-Ive-Decided-to-bite-the-bullet
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#673819 added October 29, 2009 at 10:49pm
Restrictions: None
I’ve Decided to bite the bullet
Istiqlál (Independence), 15 ‘Ilm (Knowledge), 166 BE – Friday, October 30, 2009 about 7:17 PM Pacific Time

I'm still not sure whether it's the right thing to do, but I'm bundling the Internet, phone, and TV service. It's through the telephone company, so if I take what we already pay for phone service and the separate Internet provider we only have to come up with about $25.00 to cover the monthly fee. There, of course, other charges such ad delivery fee for the modem, since I'm going to DSL.

The budget will be tight, but that isn't anything new. The budget has been tight for two or three years now. We've survived. We're paying off bills, eating, and feeding the cats. I'm going to have to increase my income. I'm going to have to stop putting of facing the spare room and get it cleaned up so that I can either rent it out or use it as an office.

I just don't have the patience any more for the slow downloads. DSL is faster and the speed I'm getting from the phone company is faster and less expensive then the cheapest DSL speed I could get from my present Internet provider. The only problem is being locked into a 24 month contract with the phone company. On the bright side, long distance only cost me $0.10 a minute, which is less then before. Not that I make a lot of long distance phone calls.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/673819-Ive-Decided-to-bite-the-bullet